1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 59

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 25, 2008.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Unless the deceased was the guy with the business cards. We didn't get all that good a look at him.

2. True.

I've changed my mind on what happens next. I now agree with everyone who said Marlo and the others implicated by the wire will walk - while Partlow is convicted of murder.

So even though Marlo wins, he loses because both of his most trusted advisers (Chris and Snoop) are gone and the connect has been compromised. All he will have is his name.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Lester can save the case by claiming that Snoop was the confidential informant listed in the court papers.

4. Just echoing some already brought out thoughts....

This show continues to find ways to bring emotions out of a viewer better than any show in television history. It got pretty dusty in my basement when Michael and Bug were saying their goodbyes. The kid who plays Michael has to be one of the best young actors on the planet. Time and again, he is absolutely tremendous.

Herc is so frustrating. I know that he's always been all about himself, but there's always been a lovable quality to him (probably because he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree). But this week was the tops for him. Clearly, he's figured out how to get himself paid off of this stuff now but I just wish he wouldn't play his boy Carver like that.

I found it a bit hard to believe that Snoop would pull over when Michael said he wanted to take a piss if she was taking him to have him offed. Sure, he could still have pulled the gun while they were driving but if she's so smart and understands the game so well AND knows that Michael is a pretty bright, inquisitive type, I would think she wouldn't put herself in that position. I don't think it was anything too egregious, but if Michael was really going to "get there early," he would have capped her when she picked him up or some time before that.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Marlo conspiracy case is going to unravel because the preview showed Marlo out of custody, which can only mean the charges were dropped.

I really enjoyed this episode; the emotion that Marlo had never shown before; the Duquan/Mike scenes; Snoop's last words.

I really hated Kima bringing the show down but once Herc told Levy, the jig was up because he would find out that the "confidential informant" was no one; I do not think Freeman would risk further perjury.

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I agree on Michael. That actor seems like he has a bright future.

I agree on Herc. Though he may not always intend to, he has caused some of the biggest problems on this show -- Randy's situation, and now apparently helping to free Marlo.

I don't agree with your problems with the Snoop thing. She wouldn't really have any reason to think Michael might suspect anything is up. Michael wasn't going to cap her right when she picked him up. He had to make sure that his instincts were correct by asking for his gun. Once that wasn't given to him he knew, but he couldn't kill her until knowing for sure -- he's not a hardened, conscious-less killer, yet. And it makes more sense to try to get her to pull into an alley than to just blow her brains out while she's driving on the street.

I have to imagine he's a dead man if he comes back to West Baltimore, though I'm not sure where else he could go. Some people used to/still believe that he could be the next Avon or Marlo, but I don't think that's what he wants. Plus, I don't think he has the muscle to survive if/when Marlo comes after him. It'll be very interesting how that plays out.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So has the finale surfaced onDemand?
    Or is it holding for a week?

9. You have to watch it with the rest of us non-demand schlubs

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

HBO can suck it. Little bitches.
    Apparently when the onDemanders let the world know that Marlo got capped, it made HBO rethink the whole showing the episode early thing.
    I was all prepared to go home and watch it, not now.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I hope you meant Omar.

12. Just a travesty ...

Draft saved Draft deleted