1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 58

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fantastic. Beyond compare.

2. I agree. This could have gone horribly wrong, but the person who wrote it obviously watched the show and obviously knew how to write a good obituary.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"Mr. Stanfield could not be reached for comment."

Awesome.

4. Wonder if the writer tried to get in touch with Marlo's PR guy?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

For those of us fond of Baltimore, despite its flaws, the endless, resourseful
    shooting angles highlighting local landmarks and vistas have been a joy, throughout the series.

6. Msaint

Msaint Member

Haven't scrolled entire thread, someone else may have mentioned this, but in the COMSTAT meeting where McNulty's downloading Carcetti & the top brass on the "serial killer," Rawls, in reference to the killer's biting, etc. does say something along lines of "I like the kinky stuff as much as the next guy...."...the other guys laugh -- just Rawls being a guy's guy -- but viewers who remember the gay bar scene know that he does, indeed, like the kinky stuff. This line is, from what I remember, as close as they've ever gotten to referring back to the infamous gay bar scene.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The last episode of Season 4 had some graffiti in the men's room in the Homicide office that also referenced it. I believe someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.

8. Msaint

Msaint Member

As expected, someone (Boobie) got to it first. Sorry for the double "Rawls 'kinky shit'" reference.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I have to ask: There's such a thing as "Obit Magazine?"

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yowsah.

www.obit-mag.com

Omar's remains on the first page, as I type this.

Draft saved Draft deleted