1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 57

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I think the blue light just meant that the post was active. Back when Chris & Snoop clipped those three early in the season, Snoop cut the lines to that post and as soon as she did that, the lights stopped blinking.

2. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Ah I thought it was kinda like on a University Campus where if the light is on or whatever it means a crime just happend and or someone needed help.

3. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Which explains why it's always blinking in Baltimore...

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Does anybody else see the Bunk/McNulty thing coming to a head? He seems rightly pissed but I don't know if he would fight McNulty, or if would somehow insinuate that serial killer wasn't real. (not that he would intentionally do that, b/c he still seems to live by a code of the streets, but he may just say the wrong thing to the wrong guy)

5. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

If pressed, Bunk would certainly think long and hard about how to respond to a McNulty confrontation. That much, I know.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

How do you all think the show stacks up to "The Sopranos"? Two quality programs by HBO and if you had to pick one, which would be it?

7. If I was headed to the hinterlands or a desert island and could only take one complete set? Wire.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

They're definitely giving us the sense that Bunk's about to blow. Not to go into too much detail about the previews, but it looks like someone else is going to come into the loop next week, which could have an effect.

And I love Sopranos and own the entire series, but The Wire might have a little higher rewatchability factor.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I almost forgot how the cub reporter (forgot his name) handled the homeless story. He talked with Bubbles at the soup kitchen, then went out and actually talked with people. I think if Scott had handled it in a similar manner, he would have his story, instead of trying to make stuff up.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Wire was ahead for me by significant margin, but has pulled a Mary Decker by giving us its version of Vito ad Johnny Cakes in New England with this serial killer garbage.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I think the code will be cracked by Prez. He'll be laid off from his school teacher position and will need something to do.

What's all the focus on Kima and the kid about? Could her demise be upon us?

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I think just adding a little depth to her character. Difficult to imagine how she'd meet her a demise now that she's homicide and not in the streets.

Draft saved Draft deleted