1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 57

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Tour de force by Mr. Whitlock.

Wonderful Munch sighting.

Still... another episode that pales compared with seasons 1-4.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think Clay Davis trying to pronounce Aeschylus and Prometheus is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

3. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

So we say good bye to one storyline regarding Davis. But it looks like Gus is going after Scott with this Jason Blair afair.

I must say I did enjoy this episode compare to some of the other once. I do have a question in the end when the detective is looking out the window with her kid, I could swear the blue light on one of the BPD camera's was on and she did not even blink.

Also the line where gus is talking about the boy from West Baltimore loving baseball and he goes basketball yeah football yeah......then he leaves and goes to check on something. I am not sure, but I would say ep 58 will have the rise and fall of Scott.

4 stars out of 5.

4. Pretty cool that McNulty directed.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

RICHARD BELZER!!!

Sorry, I was a huge fan of Det. Munch when Homicide Life on the Street was on. While obviously not as good as the wire, I thought it was good for a network show.

McNulty is in way over his head. I love how its common knowledge that he is giving out all sorts of favors to cops doing police work. If (when) it comes out that all this work was done on false pretenses, shouldn't the evidence be thrown out?

Clay Davis can talk some shit...Can the state and/or feds go after him, or is that double jeopardy. I don't think this is the last of Mr. Davis.

Omar just shot that dude in the head...I thought he was going to let him go.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Analagous to the role he is uncomfortable with in the episode.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I liked how they keep balancing out the good and the bad that's coming from McNulty's stunt. The serious cases getting solved because of the extra manpower in one scene, then the realization that these poor grieving parents are going to have to live with the false images of their son being murdered and bitten.

Looks like Scott's going down. That should be fun.

I loved the exchange on the courthouse steps:
    "What the fuck just happened?"
    "I don't know, but they don't teach it in law school."

8. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I love how he brings minor characters from seasons past back into the fold.
    Sevino Bratton, he back....oh, maybe not. Karma for setting up Tony Orlando I guess.

Gotta see more tension between the 'former' co-op members and Marlo in the last three. I'm dying to know how that situation plays out. Honestly, it's the storyline that intrigues me most, more than Mr. Jayson Blair/Stephen Glass and definitely more than McNulty's fake serial killer.

9. Can't wait to see what code Marlo is using.

Omar definitely is on his last leg... er, so to speak. Was Savino involved in the murder of Brandon way back in Season 1? I couldn't recall. That'd be the only justification I could imagine for such a cold execution. Very surprising behavior from a man who's always lived by his "code."

The Munch cameo was greatness.

And I think if Scott does get exposed, somehow Gus will be blamed for it.

10. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I'm really not liking how Omar has spun out of control since Butchie's death. When his lover from Season 1 was clipped, he got right-pissed, but it was always focused and calculated. Is this turn for the worse the result of a combo of seeing Butchie's torture/execution, coming back to Hell from paradise, staring into his dead friend's eyes on the failed hit on Marlo and the consequent swan dive off balcony? No matter the cause, it's both good and bad to see Omar like this. He's more dangerous now, but he's more vulnerable and careless than he's ever been before.

To quote the one hopper: "That's Omar?"

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

What would the blue light being on mean? Is that to indicate some sort of crime? If so, I'd assume seeing the squad car flying by with the siren on, Kima, as a homicide detective, would have no reason to get involved. If that's not what the blue light being on would mean, disregard this post.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Had to wonder why Bond wouldn't at least try to object while Davis was going on that rant on the stand.

Draft saved Draft deleted