1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 55

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No. The number was valid. I agree with whomever said it was a text message, or something similar.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I dunno.

I don't think Marlo would trust that motherfucker being within a mile of that office.

Also, has Omar become the Pine Barrens Russian?

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Herc and/or the lawyer are going to be killed, too, because of Marlo's cell.

Plus, McNulty's reaction to Templeton's reaction was good, because he knew at that point Templeton had made up the whole thing.

My OnDemand has been spotty, but finally Comcast is getting it together.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I think the keys to the future episodes are in the prequels. Joe, one of the characters featured in the prequels, is already dead. The other two aren't holding up very well.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Like I said, I just caught on, but why was Bubbles upset that he wasn't down with the HIV? I know his past drug use and all and he is trying to clean himself up, but I think getting a negative test would be a good thing, no?

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think he is harboring massive, suicidal? guilt over his friend's death.... he may think that he deserves it.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Agreed, but he's asking, why not me? I did all that and more, and I'm still alive? Why?

8. Thought it was interesting how the murders of Prop Joe and Hungryman--major happenings in the game--got a couple of graphs in the Baltimore Sun.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

According to an imdb search of the character Omar Little, he's in, at least, the next 3 episodes. It looks as if they are not posting whether characters/actors are in the final 3 episodes/

10. heyabbott

I think it's as subtle as Simon can get about the dearth of veteran reporters in the metro/crime beat. Certainly someone with long standing local ties would have known who they were.

Though, to be fair to The Sun, the real paper, Dan Rodricks or Gregory Kane may have known and Michael Olesker would have known.

What is interesting is that Prop Joe's name on the homicide board should have raised some acknowledgments.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Episodes 5, 6, and 7 have been available on the Internet for quite some time now.

12. heyabbott

where?

Draft saved Draft deleted