1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 55

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This season definitely has brought a lot of coincidence into play.

McNulty finds a soul mate at The Sun.

I love Gus and Lester.

Anyone have an interpretation of the fade-to-black scene, though?

2. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

As far as the fade to black scene, Marlo's not using a cellphone. He's texting, that's my guess. The Greeks used those to communicate in Season 2.
    Weird seeing Michael face off against Omar there toward the end. Loved that back and forth between Gus and Scott.
    "Where am I gonna find homeless people?"
    "Not in homes, I imagine."

3. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

on a note completely unrelated to tonight's episode, I think Steve Earle's version of the opening theme is by far the worst of any of the versions they've used...and I'm a big steve earle fan.

interesting on the texting thing. I hadn't figured that out either.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why is it not on OnDemand?

5. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

it popped up on mine at 1 a.m.

on the texting thing, surely lester wouldn't have been vexed by a text popping up on the wire would he? as a veteran of the wiretap game, surely he would have encountered them at SOME point, right? I imagine those burners he was used to following weren't text-capable, but still, he'd have probably come across the sound made by texting at least once...if that's what it is...

6. you guys suck. i hate every one of you.

that is all.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Still hasn't showed up on mine. Think I'm going to have to reboot.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Came in to mine at midnight on the dot.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

**spoilers**

Does anybody see Scott Templeton and Mcnulty getting together on their stories? McNulty knows the story is either a prank or garbage and Scott needs the story to jumpstart his career and it appears he is getting more and more reckless with his quotes. The look on Scott's face when McNulty said the police also received a phone call was priceless.

I haven't watched from the beginning, so I may have missed something, but what was that on the wiretap that came up at the end of the episode that Lester couldn't figure out?

10. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I got the impression that Lester was surprised to see something come up so early.
    The whole McNulty/Templeton thing freaks me out...you know it's going to end horribly for both of those guys. And they'll deserve it. But it's just so tough to watch. (The idea of a reporter making up getting a call from a serial killer...can't fathom it.) I just hope Daniels and Gus don't end up taking the fall for McNulty and Templeton.
    I also hope Michael and Dookie are still alive at the end of the series. I have a bad feeling that won't be the case.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Could it be something bad happens to either Alma or Gus because of Scott Templeton. You know the Publisher likes him and has already overruled Gus once on a story. I could see either Alma finding out what happened, or Gus spiking the story b/c its BS.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Anyone think it is possible Marlo gave the attorney a bogus card to smoke Herc out?

Draft saved Draft deleted