1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 54 "Transition"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Jan 21, 2008.

1. One quick question that I wasn't sure on in this episode.

The guy that is tied up and Snoop has a gun to his head, that was the guy who pissed off Cheese in the co op meeting, correct? I was pretty sure about it but haven't had the chance to watch again.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Correct.

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I believe McNulty already did that one. In a parking garage with asst. state's attorney Pearlman back in season one. Might have been in, not on, the car (they cut out before it got that far, iirc), but otherwise...

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That was the trade.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I don't comment often on this show, but I REALLY enjoy it. Finally got around to watching this.
    All I can say is WOW.

"But I treated you like a son."
    "I wasn't meant to play the son."

BLAMMO!

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I love the show and wish it would not end.

One thought is when the Barksdale gang owned the West Side, Avon's crew seemed to be quite a few guys, cracking heads, a big operation with the high rises, the low rises and the corners.

Marlo's got the entire West Side, but his only muscle is Snoop and Chris? Maybe they just don't show as much of Marlo's crew.

As for the generational perspective, I get that. Marlo is quite younger than Avon and Prop Joe. His worldly view maybe slightly skewed, like one time I saw some kid from NY had drawn a picture of the world with NY making up 50% of the picture.

I liked McNulty better when he was bustin' Rawls' balls rather than now when he's simply a loser screwing everyone over (Bunk, Beadie, his boys).

7. I have always liked McNulty but this crap he is pulling now is just not OK with me. There are plenty of ways to get the attention to get back on those cases that would not only work better but also keep him from putting his job on the line. He's always ranted about doing good police work. Well, this is far from that.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Marlo's crew is a little bigger than Chris and Snoop. Monk, for starters, as well as Michael. Plus all the guys who worked with Bodie are under his thumb too. (Although, considering this season has been a callback for almost all the old characters, I'm wondering when we'll see Poot again.)

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

We know where Poot is. He's at the clinic. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted