1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire, Episode 53, "Not for Attribution"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Hate asking this, but since we're all Wire evangelists I don't think it's too, too odd.
    Can we refrain from mentioning scenes from the 'coming next week' segment? I prefer not to watch that, as not to get anything spoiled. I'm sure other people are the same way. I love reading other's thoughts on the episode here, but I'd rather not hear what will happen next week.

2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Here is somthing that stood out to me. When McNulty shows up at the medical examiners office he asks the guy in the lobby where the body is located and he responded "Under the overhead camera" or something to that effect. Wouldn't the overhead camera catch McNulty planting the red ribbon on the body?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think that is a still camera for autopsy.

Maybe it is a video camera... but I don't think it is a closed-circuit that is on all the time.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I took it that since the teller was speaking French to Marlo plus Prop Joe mentioning off-shore accounts, that Marlo went to the Caymans; whereas Omar was being spoken to in Spanish, at least I thought so.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Finally watched last Sunday's episode last night, and this is what struck me as the theme.

Omar is away from the street on whatever island he was living, and Marlo had a clean $400,000 on whatever island he visited. The boys were at Six Flags talking with two nice girls from Northern Virginia, and Bunk told Jimmy to go back home to his wife. The scum young reporter's job was safe, but he still made up a quote, and Lester was in a safe position and has no real reason to stick his neck out to be cut.

All of these characters had a point in the episode where they had no reason to go back to the street ways. They were all safe. Omar could have lived his life out, and Marlo could have stayed with the money in Antigua. The boys could have taken all the money and their brother to NOVA, and Jimmy could have gone home to his wife. The young reporter could have just given some lame quotes to the story, and Lester could have turned his back on Jimmy.

They all would have been better off, but all they know is the street or doing the wrong thing.

This is all going to end tragically. It has to, doesn't it?

Draft saved Draft deleted