1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 47

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dedo, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

After 47 how many eps are left? Is it 48 and 49, or 48,49 and 50?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Couple things.

Michael was molested. Otherwise, why the Cutty stuff? He wouldn't need to fake that to get over on Marlowe.

Bug's dad is dead, and Chris was molested. First time he's ever deviated from being a completely pragmatic hitter. In an odd way, it humanized him. And then showed Snoop as the true sociopath.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Three episodes after 47.

4. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

You sure Snoop just wasn't stunned and tried to cover up her reaction like acting it was nothing, or is she what you said: a complete sociopathic killer?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Complete and total sociopath.

It's odd, because I really did feel like that beating -- which almost made my girlfriend sick -- made Chris more human and (almost) likable.

It also cemented Snoop as totally heartless.

Damn fine episode. It ranks right up there.

6. Boobie Miles

Thanks... and awesome. This is the first season I've watched the show regularly (not a chunk at a time one DVDs) and it's so hard waiting for the next one each week (I don't do the OnDemand thing because I watch the show at my buddy's house, so it's a Sunday night ritual now after football).
    I can't wait til the season is over to go back and blow through the season ondemand in a few days.

7. Boobie Miles

That what I was trying to say about Chris way back in this thread. And to expand, he's a killer the way we're sportswriters (maybe not the best analogy) but it's his job and he does it for a living. He's able to stay detached from what he's doing and do it well, and then at this time you see that there really is a person in there and you could feel where he was coming from.
    I'm not sold on Snoop. I think there may be something to do the covering up her shock, because her reaction during the beating seemed like she was pretty shocked and blown away by what Chris was doing.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So in other words,c hris was churning out 12-inch HS football gamers that were gleamingly clean but lacked any kind of passion or verve and then one day he walked in to the office, dropped "Howl" on his editor's desk and walked out?

I kind of like that analogy.

9. Stupid

Stupid Member

All I can say after seeing 48 is that I honestly have no idea what is going to happen in the final 2 episodes, but, as Jason said, there's a lot of shit to pack in.

Also, the previews never give an accurate reading of what really happens, much like in The Sopranos.

10. hey, some of my stuff is just predictions.... i.e. omar as willie horton, the stepdad being a witness....and predictions are like a holes...everybody has one....

the stuff about simon telling avon, wee-bey and stringer's backstory through michael, randy and namond is more than a prediction.

my latest prediction is that marlo gets whacked (michael/bodie) and the police pin the vacant murders on chris and snoop thanks to the testimony of michael's not-dead stepdaddy..... i say chris and snoop beat the case...

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I hope they're just predictions. But didn't you post once about seeing the entire season before the first episode premiered? Or was that just the first few episodes?

12. Boobie Miles

Yeah I wasn't criticizing your prediction, I just didn't agree with that one. The one with the backstories is obviously solid, although there were a few glimpses of the last episode of Michael as Chris a little too. As has been said before, these kids probably aren't supposed to be exact mirror images of older characters, but just a composite way of showing how those characters became who they were.

Marlo's got to get his, tough to call who is going to do it yet. Can see that happening in the last episode setting up the beginning of the next season as a bit of a power struggle/changing of the guard.

And Stupid, I always feel that way with this show, that there are so many storylines it's tough to see how they can get resolved in just a few episodes. When new storylines develop late in the season I almost get annoyed because I just want to see the ones that have been going all season get resolved, but that's the brilliance of the show that it never stops churning and doesn't give the viewer a chance to catch their breath. I wish with every season that the finale was two hours so things could get a little more time, but that's probably my only complaint with this entire series, and it's a minor one.

Draft saved Draft deleted