1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire... Episode 46 and predictions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

I seem to recall it having to do with Daniels not playing along with the corrupt practices of his fellow officers back in the Eastern District early in his career. I could be wrong but I know that's where his "dirty background" comes from.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Maybe it is from is time as an undercover cop who became addicted to heroin....sorry that was when he was on Oz.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Wouldn't that make him the opposite of dirty? I think he WAS probably going along with the corrupt practices in the Eastern District.

4. Can someone who's seen Ep. 47 On Demand send me a PM? Dying to float an observation of mine and don't want to spoil for the rest. J-Dub, Good Doctor, cmon, someone throw me a bone, yo.

5. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=granderson/061116

interesting read

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Interesting column. But the argument at the end is flawed. Jackie Robinson didn't have to stand up to the world and say, "Hey, I'm black!" He wore it everywhere he went. Same thing with Rosa Parks, the five starters for Texas Western and Hank Aaron. Same thing with women suffragists in the 1800s. They were subject to discrimination and bigotry because of things you could see just by looking at them. It's not like they could "hide in the closet" and avoid the hatred.

A gay athlete can hide the fact that he's gay. So it's clearly different. And given locker room culture, a gay athlete actually has incentive NOT to broadcast that he's gay. It's why the Jackie Robinson analogy doesn't work. Robinson was fighting for his right to even enter the locker room. The gay guy is already in the locker room.

7. All solid points. I just liked it cause of the discussion about Omar and how all these vocally hetero athletes accept him. Also, how the creators say Omar is based on a real individual...

8. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I'm reading all these predictions of Namond, Michael and Randy either getting hit or doing the hittin', and I'm just wondering if you think this may happen at the end of this season or next.

9. Stupid

Stupid Member

will this season wrap up with 3 consecutive weeks or is there going to be a flashback or off week?

Draft saved Draft deleted