1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire... Episode 46 and predictions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 13, 2006.

1. boobie, i'm embarrassed by my obsession with the show and david simon. it's rather sick. i had the previous three seasons shipped to my father just so we could talk about it. he's now a wire addict and we spend at least an hour a week discussing the show.

my prediction(s)... the dead bodies are going to embarrass burrell out of his job, but we won't see the real ramifications of the bodies until season 5... burrell will dirty up daniels' name, but the police force will desperately need daniels to solve the murders found in the vacants. he'll survive the dirt burrell throws at his feet. and remember, daniels' girlfriend is now in charge of all homicide prosecutions. the dead bodies will be the big story in season 5 and how the media deal with it... rawls might get to be police commissioner after all (temporary) and he'll use daniels to try to make the job permanent. daniels will get burned in the end. carcetti and rawls will use him, and his girlfriend (rhonda pearlman) will knowingly prosecute the wrong person (omar) just so carcetti can score political points and rawls can keep his job. bunk and mcnulty will be pissed because they will know that omar lived up to his word and quit dropping bodies.

2. Stupid

Stupid Member

you never answered the question I posed a while back, Jason: are you related to Isaiah Whitlock?

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Whitlock doesn't answer Stupid questions.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

apparently not. sheeeeet, I think he's hiding something.

5. naw, i'm not related to isiah whitlock or clay davis.... sorry, i missed the question... hell, whitlock ain't even my real last name. my dad never even knew his dad.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sorry in advance, but Mitch Albom's new book "The Five People That Could Be My Grandpa"

7. The feds have their eye on Carcetti? They slipped that name in that early?

8. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I think he meant Daniels, because I can remember the FBI agent saying that to McNulty when he was trying to find out if Daniels would be right to lead to the investigation.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Daniels ... we see him in his private moments... he's as pure as the driven snow.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But he does have some stain on him, per the earlier conversation.

It wouldn't be like the writers of this show to bring that up and then not return to it.

If the gun's on the mantle in act one, it has to go off before the end.

11. Stupid

Stupid Member

It's like Rawls said, he can be a little "independent" at times, which isn't a good thing to Rawls or most cops who are loyal subordinates.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, the implication was that he was seriously dirty earlier in his career.

It came from MNulty's buddy in the FBI, so it wasn't an internal politics kind of thing...

Draft saved Draft deleted