1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire... Anybody else having problems getting it on Demand?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Two straight weeks the early episode isn't appearing on my Demand channel... I'm so freaking irate!

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I just saw No. 46.

This show is so beautifully woven.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

To use an old cliche...call your cable company.
    I have it here.

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

I watched episode 46 Monday night. I'm in NY and have Cablevision, the episode has been there right on time each week.

5. J, I was having that problem earlier in the season but now the next ep is popping up on Sunday afternoons.

6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Member

i had the same issue. the last 2 weeks on Mondays at about 6:01 pm, the new episode hasnt show up. both times i turned the cable box off and on and it magically appeared. it was comcastic.

7. i am damn near in tears. this is the only show i watch and i watch it while working out. it is freaking screwing up my week. i've called and complained two weeks in a row. last week it showed up on tuesday. this week it's wednesday and i still don't have it. i can't imagine what it's like to have real problems because this is freaking killing me.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I can't imagine what it would be like if you didn't work out.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

First off, my apologies to Whitlock.
    I implied before that he only liked the Wire because it is a mostly black cast and he's black.
    But his consistent pimping of the show led me to check out the show using OnDemand. So I was able to catch up and he's right, the show is amazing.
    So, I'm sorry for my earlier foolishness.
    And, also, my OnDemand (Comcast) is working fine. Call your cable company and have them do an electronic reset, I think that's what Comcast calls it, or have your box replaced.

10. Try unplugging your box and re-setting it.

11. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Bought seasons 1-3 and was literally depressed for a day after I watched the last episode. Best thing I've ever seen.

12. The Dizzle

The Dizzle Member

I, too, have checked out the The Wire after reading the assorted pimpings here by J-Whoa and others. Thanks for dragging me into the fray, the show is definitely terrific (and depressing) stuff. I haven't bought the past seasons yet, but am enamored simply from watching a few episodes this season and reading more about the characters on the official site.

Draft saved Draft deleted