1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Windy City

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, May 29, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I hope creole got what he wanted, because this appears headed for a threadjacking.

And it, how might you say, won't end well.....

2. Rambler

Rambler Member

As the great American John Rambo might mumble, "He drew first blood."

3. Sly

Sly Active Member

Go to Hackney's, then, for the inside-out burger. The bacon and cheese is on the inside and brings a tear to my eye every time I think of it .

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I went to some bar one night, and they had bras pinned to the ceiling, I believe. They also allowed us to have a fight using wet paper towels.

I enjoyed Ed Debevics the first time I was in Chicago, but the novelty had completely worn off by my third visit.

I know a guy who swears by Gene and Georgetti's. I've never been there and can't offer a personal opinion.

The best time I've had in Chicago was a visit to Buddy Guy's Legends. It was spectacular. But it's not for children, really.

As for hot dogs, only a fool would use ketchup. There was a Food Network show not long ago that showcased Pink's Hot Dogs in L.A. They had some awesome options, including chili dogs. And who doesn't like a nice coney dog. I preferred mine from Top Boy, but that's now the hometown's DMV. The hot dog I plan to try is one that Bobby Flay created. It features BBQ sauce covered with cole slaw.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gene and Georgetti's remains the best steakhouse in town, hands-down.

6. Rambler

Rambler Member

Hmmm...I prefer Chophouse. Though Gene & Georgetti's is terrific.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

If you and the wife get a chance to get out without the kids, and you like Japanese, I highly recommend Daruma on Golf Road in Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh and another thing, take your kids to the Billy Goat beneath the Tribune building, they'll enjoy the burgers and you can have a few. Most of the bars in Chicago, allow minors inside so check out The Lodge, Murphy's Bleachers, The Blarney Stone, the kids will enjoy Dick's Last Resort, and of course Harry Carrey's

9. Rambler

Rambler Member

Don't take the kids to the Goat at night. Nick the bartender drops more F-bombs than anyone on the planet (among other colorful adjectives) and it's a different vibe at night. But during the day would be fine for the kids to have burgers...

Draft saved Draft deleted