1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The (White) Rapper Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 10, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Anybody seen this on VH-1?

Sort of a mash-up between America's Next Top Model, Real World and Survivor.

I thought the first episode was kinda interesting.

2. Kable

Kable Member

Yeah, that one girl got the whole "N Word" chain. That thing is huge.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It was "interesting" but I wasn't bowled over by the talent of anyone. I think Persia (the chain girl) was the best rapper, but no one really knocked my socks off.

And if they're going to give $100,000 away just for being the best of a really weak class, then I think that undermines the "white rapper" movement far more than anything else. If you can't bring it, you don't deserve a prize. Period.

4. HejiraHenry

I like the host better than any of the contestants.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I thought the show sucked. One of the worst reality shows I've seen (and I've seen a ton). None of the rappers blew me away. I thought Dasit was pretty good, but then he goes and chokes in the challenge.

Seeing MC Serch made me miss 3rd Bass ... a lot.

6. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

This show is awful. Nothing good about it. Nothing at all. A complete waste of time. Much like this thread.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

I passed it by last night and thought it was worthless on almost every level. The same holds true, of course, for most reality TV shows.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I assumed this show was supposed to be a joke, only (and because) the contestants didn't realize it.

9. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Why is it okay to have a racist show like this on air? would the black doctor or the chinese football player or the Hispanic lawyer get greenlighted?

Oh it's a gay ole time to stereotype the white man. the media is full of hypocrites.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I thought the thread title was "The (White) Rapper Snow."

11. HejiraHenry

You may have put you finger on it. The whole enterprise ha that train-wrecky quality. In a sense, that makes it "kinda interesting" TV.

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I never heard of it until Kornheiser mentioned it on PTI today

Draft saved Draft deleted