1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The White House Gate Crashers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 30, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

SNL had a pretty funny skit about them last night.

2. YankeeFan

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Haha, that's hilarious. I wish something like that had happened to me when I went on a tour of the Capital.

4. YankeeFan

The Social Secretary is out.

5. YankeeFan

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This has a travelgate quality about it.

7. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Nice little tittilating story for the bash-Obama-at-all-costs crowd.

But essentially an inside-the-Beltway story ... especially to those of us who can't afford health insurance.

8. YankeeFan

Desiree Rigers gets thrown under the bus in this long story in todays's Times:

It's interesting when compared to the recent competing, glowing profiles of Rahm Emanual & David Axelrod in the Post and Times respectively:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/19/AR2010021904298.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/us/politics/07axelrod.html?pagewanted=all

It's no longer, "No Drama Obama".

As he's hit rough patches, it's looking more & more like it's every man for himself within the administration.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

This is inside baseball, politico, drudge headline stuff. It might seem like a big deal to political junkies, but seeing as how
    99 percent of the public doesn't give a crap about the three people and the incident you mentioned, I'd say "every man for himself" is a bit of a leap.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

99 percent of the public has no clue who Rahm Emanuel or David Axelrod are, let alone Desirée Roger. Non story.

11. YankeeFan

Early indicator of things to come.

The lugnuts are loose. When the wheel comes off while the car is going 60 MPH down the highway, it will be a story.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted