1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The White House Gate Crashers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 30, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I know they're embarrassed, but I think it's a dumb move to keep her from testifying.

It makes it look like they don't want to take any responsibility & would like to lay it all at the feet of the Secret Service.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Oh Congress will make their lying asses testify.

Oh, and remember how she used to be a Redskinette? Turns out she's a LIAR!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/02/AR2009120203781.html?hpid=artslot

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The WH presser got a little testy. Memo to Robert Gibbs: don't play games with the sista.

http://bit.ly/6APnPy

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The reason it looks like they don't want to take any responsibility is because they don't want to take any responsibility.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What - a presdient and an administration that won't take responsibility for its fuck ups? No, I refuse to believe that......

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Also, I don't think they want to be too specific about how they screwed up or you'd have Osama bin Laden waltzing in to the next dinner.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It was reported a couple of days ago that they got in because their names had not been removed from the invitation list for the dinner.

If that report is accurate there would have been no reason, from a security standpoint, to deny them entry as they would have had to have been vetted by the Secret Service to even be on the list in the first place.

That would put the blame squarely on the social director (or whatever her title is) not the Secret Service.

8. How about defrauding law enforcement? Intentionally deceiving the Secret Service? Trespassing in a secure facility? This has international ramifications. How do you think foreign dignitaries and heads of state are going feel about visiting Washington for official state business? The White House is, supposed, to be the most secure facility on the planet, and the fact these two jerkoffs were able to lie to law enforcement and breach security is just a little more serious than "what are they going to charge them with?"

In foreign countries, people who try this shit either disappear for a long time or die. The fact law enforcement didn't even incarcerate these two for 72 hours to "sort things out" blows my mind.

9. Absolutely. Couldn't have said it better myself.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That's right.

11. These two are stiffing landscapers over $1k bills and this dipshit is wearing a five-figure watch. These two are no better than smack dealers.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's more hilarity in some of these responses than there is in the actual incident......which to me is pretty damned funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted