1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The White House Gate Crashers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Am I inferring from some posts above that it makes it worse that it was these two attention-starved media prostitutes who slipped through, rather than, you know, just your garden-variety assassin?

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I saw these two posts and instantly thought of that scene in "Beverly Hills Cop II" where Axel Foley stole the house.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That, sir, is awesome.
    Well known socialite types in DC, who are known figures on the political party scene.
    Show up at a state dinner, TV production crew in tow. Don't have invites but say that they spoke to so and so and so and so. Get to security, pass through the checks and, from what I understand, only there for the reception portion of the state dinner and not the actual meal.
    Yeah, not a shining moment for Secret Service, but the media attention on this has been overblown.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NO RIGHT ANGLES ON THIS HOUSE!!!!

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Overblown media attention?

Say it ain't so.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They were on Today this a.m., followed by Obama's press secretary who basically scoffed at everything they said.

7. ringer

ringer Active Member

I agree completely.

Why haven't they been arrested already? Can't they even nail these guys on trespassing?

Cops were quicker to arrest people protesting outside the Republican National Convention in NYC a couple years ago and the "crime" there was exercising free speech.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think this is enough of an embarrassment to the Secret Service, that almost nothing will happen to the couple. If they prosecute them more attention will be given to how the Secret Service fucked up.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl1006

Now they are saying they were invited and they didn't crash.

I particularly like the part where the wife says that their lives have been destroyed by this. Fucking idiot.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did the sharks eat the ballon boy, already?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No, but apparently Balloon Dad once wrote a racist, supposed to be funny book called "The Official Offensive Driving Handbook":

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/11/30/racist-driving-book.html

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The focus needs to be on the Secret Service for letting this happen. These guys were able to find a way past the security. Good for them. Let's learn from it, fix it and not let it happen again. Or the next time, well...Let's hope there isn't a next time.

Draft saved Draft deleted