1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The White House Gate Crashers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 30, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There's no reason why we can't talk about these people & this incident without discussing politics.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jail for both of them.

3. mb

mb Active Member

If their finances aren't 1,000 percent in order, they're even bigger asshats than I thought. I'd love to see the feds make an example of them.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Especially if it was an election year........."Just make the deal!!"

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

Are you facebook friends with them?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The major problem here is the Obamas cleared out all the past protocol and support systems of the social office to make it one position, giving it to one of Michelle's buds.

Bad, bad stuff

8. YankeeFan

The head of the Social Office is always going to be a political appointee.

I'm not sure how big the staff is, but I'd be surprised if their weren't holdovers from the previous administration.

When I worked for Giuliani, the head of his events department was an appointee. The staff was about equally divided between career civil service and appointees (mostly daughters/wives of donors and politicians).

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The charges I've heard talked about are along the lines of lying to a federal agent.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just like Balloon Boy Daddy, lead these two fuckers off to the slammer in leg irons, and every legal charge imaginable should be dropped on their asses (the IRS in particular leading the way).

These reality-show-trolling attention whores need to have the hammer brought down on them, HARD, when their antics start costing the taxpayers money and endangering the safety of the public (and public officials). Send a blood-curdling chilling message: Enough of this shit.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think these people are complete tools and hope they're ostracized in their kooky world, but I don't see anything that can stick from a criminal standpoint. If there's not audio of an exchange with an agent, might be tough to pass in court.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jerry Berliant wants to know what the big deal is.

Draft saved Draft deleted