1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The weirdest fantasy football question ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Dec 9, 2008.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Since you took control of the team at midseason, shouldn't you get a cut? :D

I like the trophy idea.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

irony: on the day he cuts the kicker, a roto-hound kicks the bucket.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Trophy is the way to go.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Of course he would have never given the money to charity. How many living fantasy owners do that? A few, I'm sure, but not that many.

Not to pry, but it doesn't sound like his death was expected. Was he killed in an accident? If so, buy a small championship banner and place it either on his grave or at his accident site.

If he died of a heart attack, give it to the Heart Association.

Kicking the prize money down a place just smells of bad karma. I'd advise against it.

Also, is this a keeper league? If so, will you just disband the team or auction it off to the highest bidder?

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If you go the trophy route, buy as many as there are people in your league. Everyone tried just as hard!

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

This isn't Little League, dammit! :D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ask yourselfd what he'd want you to do. Springing it on the family might cause a lot of problems....

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Or field day during elementary school.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If he has no family you can give it to, I like the charity or trophy options myself.

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

bumpin the money down is just asking for trouble from the fantasy gods ... and they're some mean sumbitches.

I honestly would take the entire $150 and buy a big ass stanley cup trophy, rename the league in his honor and every year engrave the winner's name on it.

That is if you're not going to give it to some random charity. Who knows, he may have a different view of things now.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

can i have it?

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm getting visions of the stockbrokers talking about Ebeneezer Scrooge's death.

Draft saved Draft deleted