1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Weather Channel for sale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 3, 2008.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Hardest I've laughed all day.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I will fight you for Jen Carfagno. She makes the world prettier.
    So I'm doing this profile of a CEO and we have a set of questions that we always ask and one is favorite TV show. And he says the Weather Channel. Says he couldn't live without it.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Kristina Abernathy is living proof that short, blonde, cute and Southern often does not age well (see Stanier, Marny).

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Seeing what Ms. Abrams' outfit is tonight (check local listings), I'm upping my bid.

Holy. Mother. Of. God.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pat Robertson is interested in buying Landmark. So you may want to Tivo Ms. Abrams tonight.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Oh, so we'll have Weather on the Psalm 8's.

7. Inky_Wretch

Now let's go to Jim Cantore to see which wicked, sinful city God has chosen to destroy with this hurricane.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not to derail a potentially epic Godweatherjack, but Robertson has said he's only interested in the Va. Pilot and that TWC price was too rich for his blood.

If News Corp buys TWC ... the Abrams Factor?

9. Inky_Wretch

I saw that, but I wasn't going to let something like a fact get in the way of some good one-liners.

Robertson doesn't like the way the Pilot has covered him and his business all these years, so now he's got a chance to silence it by buying it.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Most likely. Though he might actually put money in the paper, which would give him one up on your Paxtons and JRCs.

Back to the jack: Heidi Cullen forced to announce that global warming is a crock and she belongs in the kitchen.

11. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

useless thread without pics.

12. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I'd watch.
    Once dated a girl who resembled Ms. Abernathy. Sweet girl. Wish I hadn't treated her like crap.

Draft saved Draft deleted