1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The War Over Going Gray

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Oct 4, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That's hot. [/paris]

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I have slowly gotten more gray hair on the sides and a few in my facial hair. I didn't start to really take notice, however, until I found a stark white hair in my nose... it's quite distracting.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Cadet, you asked, so I'm gonna give it to you straight, okay lady?

If your um, friend is a woman, she needs to head straight to a reputable salon. Get it colored, watch closely how they do it, and ask for a few tips on how to do it yourself. Touch it up regularly. Every now and then, splurge on the salon again. It's part of your um friend's maintenance now. Budget for it. Don't pluck-- it will just cause the same hair to regrow into a "fly away," which makes it more noticeable. Fight the good fight.

If your um friend is a guy, don't touch it. A guy coloring his hair is prissy, and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Guys look good with gray anyway.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

8) smart woman.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That pretty much hit all of the high notes about why I love Lugnuts (even if she is a graying, old spinster).

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D Hahahahaha That's funny, Rags. I don't have a gray hair on my head. You??

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I knew you're not gray. Just seemed like the thing to say. I have a few stray grays, but nothing noticeable yet. I am thinking about dying my hair gray, tbut I'm in conflict. One the one hand, a guy who dyes his hair is a priss. On the other hand, chicks dig gray on a guy.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She said "on her head." Just sayin'

9. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Looked in the mirror a year ago and went WTF! When did the 'stache go grey. Hate it when it catches up with you. So I shaved it. Freaked out the entire family. No one had seen my upper lip for more than three decades.

Since then I have purchased a set of clippers. With the right blade, I can get the hair down to 3/16 of an inch. Don't have to worry about the grey. I blind them with my scalp.

Only drawback: Unsightly scar at the back of the head courtesy of a cheap shot from a Baudette winger.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'd hit it.

Gave up on the JFM myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Uma told me if I ever colored my hair she'd question my masculinity and stop sleeping with me.
    I hope she was being sarcastic.

If you're going gray, just accept it, get over it and get on with life.

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hey, that's what I do with a few bare spots on my scalp. [/TonyKornheiser]

Draft saved Draft deleted