1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The War on Nicotine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jan 6, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Works for me.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I applaud the effort, if not the execution.

Perhaps the author needs to look at a map. I wouldn't describe the Superdome as being "just down the road" from Baton Rouge. I've done that trip. It is over an hour.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Freaking everyone in Europe smoked when I lived there about 25 years ago. A pack of smokes was the equivalent of $3 a pack and there were cigarette vending machines in neighborhoods.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And the cigarette companies worked very hard on the chemistry of making them more addictive faster, to hook more addicts. They lied their asses off and hid the truth they knew deliberately, letting people die so they made more money. I hate those fuckers.

I've shot literally thousands of chest x-rays. There's nothing quite like the feeling of developing a film, throwing it up on the light box, and seeing a tumor the size of an orange in someone's lung.

"How'd my x-ray look?"

"Came out real well, the doc will be able to see what's going on in there", because I don't get paid enough to tell a patient I like, a guy who I've bullshitted with for years while drawing his blood, that his life has just drastically changed for the worse. Can't ethically say anything, and not about to offer an opinion because I could get my ass sued if I said something and was wrong. Or they walk into x-ray, pulling their little cart with the O2 bottle. Sigh.

Nothing quite like driving past a hospital and seeing half a dozen nurses outside an exit door puffing away, either.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's what edibles are for. Get baked without baking yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted