1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead (Show & Comic)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 13, 2012.

1. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

liquor store, eh...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I did the same. I'm not a huge fan of black and white comic book art. That doesn't help.

Also, I hadn't been reading, so that made it tougher. Rick's response was pretty cool.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I hate to come on here to shill, but if you are interested in hearing from the head of the Zombie Research Society or the creators of the We're Alive podcast, both will be guests on a podcast I have something to do with this week. You can find it here http://ow.ly/a8Goz
    Shill over, I need a shower.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So I've been steadily making my way through the first 48 issues of the comic book thanks to Amazon and, man, I have NO idea how they're going to stick to the comic book roots in this next season. (Spoilers ahead)

First off, there's no way whatsoever they do the Governor justice. Live fights with zombies? Cutting off Rick's hand for, essentially, sport? And everything he did to Michone? And everything she did to him?

I just can't see it.

The prison could be fun to watch. I'd love to see them going through the process time and again of trying to keep it zombie-free.

I imagine we'll be getting a Glen-Magi wedding in Season 4 and am willing to bet the first half of Season 3 covers up to the point where the gang gets captured by the Woodbury crew and the season ends with them returning to the prison to see it overrun.

Can't wait for this show!

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, they will never cut Rick's hand off...too much CGI to worry about.

I agree, they can't go as far with the Gov./Michone stuff on even cable.

I think the prison will be a nice part of the show. Looking forward to the fall!

6. spikechiquet

The new arc is getting good. Anyone else caught up to the latest book?

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

After reading the latest issue, I think they may have this arc make the Governor storyline look tame.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Anyone here also check out the video game version available? It's pretty damn good.

9. spikechiquet

No, I didn't know there was a game out. I only have an old XBox, so I'll just have to read about it.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Available for PC as well.

11. spikechiquet

I have one at work...I wonder if they would let me bring it here. My wife is a mac person, which makes me...a mac person.

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Holy crap! Has anyone read issue No. 100 yet? Dear God, I may quit this comic.

Draft saved Draft deleted