1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead (Show & Comic)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 13, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least an hour, not exactly an hour. And that's just how long he had seen signs of trouble with the truck. So no, they did not need to be driving 100 miles per hour to be 100 miles from the farm.

2. outofplace

Watch Talking Dead. Supposedly, the actor who played Jimmy was extremely freaked out by the scene.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Ok. I marked the fuck out when Michonne showed up.

4. outofplace

How exactly does having two walkers with her fend off other walkers? I read somewhere that it is somehow useful to Michonne to have them.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Their smell masks her smell.

Enjoyed the hell out of that episode. The inhuman displays of marksmanship aside, they did a great job of showing everything going to hell in what they thought was a stable place for themselves, which is pretty much the ongoing theme that makes the comics great.

They planned for this, they thought they could handle it, and they got overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

I suspect the upcoming seasons are going to be less well-received by the general public. Michonne is a great comic book character, but I don't know if she's going to make a popular TV character. With her introduction, the show is bound to get a lot more comic book-y, if that makes sense.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Exactly. Rick's line was, I believe, "It's been in the red for the past hour."
    That implies they'd been driving for some time. Figure they all got back to the highway by 7 or 8 a.m. and were rolling out by 10 or 11, and it was late afternoon when they stopped since it was too late to go foraging for supplies, and you get anywhere from 3-6 hours they'd been on the road. Even going 30-40 mph, you can cover some ground in that time span.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

As someone mentioned earlier, it seems like they're headed down the comic rabbit hole with the next season.
    Let's say you suspend disbelief for a zombie apocalypse, when you start adding in Samurai Jawas with pet walkers on a leash and the Governor character ala something out of Mad Max, then I'm afraid it's going to lose me.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It might lose a lot of people, but in reality if society were to collapse, some of the stuff in the comics probably isn't too far off what could happen in some areas.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I know there is a tstate prison in the lower end of the county I live. For the life of me, I could not tell you how to to get there.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You might try robbing a liquor store.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

ZING!

I agree with the thought that it will start to get "too comicky" for some, but I also believe that the writers will find a way to add enough drama to it to make it believable. Yes, I actually have faith this can be pulled off! LOL

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just read the new issue (No. 95). I had to read the last 5 or 6 pages twice just to figure out what exactly happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted