1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead (Show & Comic)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 13, 2012.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

In the TV universe, zombie fiction never existed so they didn't have a word for them. In the comics, it did so the word gets occasional use.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Makes sense. I'm just now getting to Herschel's farm, after Carl gets shot. I love how different it is from the show, but I keep reading it with a heavy emphasis on what I'm used to seeing in the TV show.

Like Sophia, for instance, and Carol's husband not being there -- among a few other things.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I never thought about it from the opposite perspective I have, going from the shows to the comics instead of comics to the shows. It definitely swerves back and forth between how true it is to the comic.

spikechiquet likes this.
  4. KYSportsWriter

I like how the show wants to be different from the comics, but some things have kinda thrown me off.

Woodbury arc ended sooner than I thought it would, and I didn't know that both Lori and Judith were killed during the raid on the prison. Loved the scene with Rick and Carl in the house, and it was -- in my mind -- even more intense than in the TV show.

I'm past the point when the brothers die -- didn't know they were boys in the comics -- and Dale dying. Is Terminus not in the comics, or am I not to that point yet?

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Terminus was based on the Hunters from the comics.

6. KYSportsWriter

7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Nine days until Season 7 begins, and rumors are running rampant. The most recent is that the one who dies is

Daryl

, which has some people going nuts and vowing to never watch again if it happens. Thoughts on this or the upcoming season in general? What do you expect for the group after the reveal?

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife has stated she is STILL not emotionally ready for this episode.

If it's Glenn...good on them for sticking to the script.
    If it's Daryl...they are nuts.
    If it's Maggie...hold the effin' phone. That would be crazy and would spark a lot of debate.
    If it's anyone else other than Eugene...meh. If it's Eugene....that's sad.
    It's not Rick, and it's not CAAAArrrrllll.

OK, that's my thoughts on the show...anyone else caught up on the comic?
    HOLY SHIT! Poor Lucille! And HOLY SHIT! Has Negan actually taken a turn for the good?

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I can't decide if Negan is good or if he's playing the long game there. I think he may have legit turned. #RIPLucille

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fuck this fucking show! First scene is over and we still don't know who Negan killed!

Oh, and Rick is a fucking moron.

11. outofplace

Two scenes in. Seriously, I'm debating quitting the show forever right now in protest.

12. outofplace

Lame!

Okay, maybe not. That is just awful, but at least it wasn't a cop out.

Draft saved Draft deleted