1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead (Show & Comic)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Started reading the comic on-line yesterday and I plowed through the first 40 issues. Really enjoying it so far.

Hell of a lot darker than the TV show though.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yes, very much so. That's why I understand the changes from comic to series. Some of that stuff just isn't going to fly, even on cable.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really need to hit the library (or ...um..the internet..)

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I highly recommend it. The stuff they're going to do next season won't come anywhere close to what happened in the comics. It just can't. The Governor was a warped, twisted, sick bastard. There's no way they can come close to his kind of evil on regular TV.

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Will someone please message me a link to read the graphic novels online? Thanks.

6. http://www.comixology.com/search?search=walking+dead

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm through the first 86 comics. How many are there?

8. spikechiquet

Issue 94 came out Feb. 29, the next issue comes out March 28 in stores. I am on issue 90...will finish the next 4 tonight.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

They've teased the bad-ass Andrea showing up in the TV series. She's quite the shooter in the comics.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not that we could tell just by watching the show, but the character who saved Andrea at the end was Michonne. Kirkman confirmed it on Talking Dead.

I know the prison was a big deal in the comic, too, but I don't know if that was separate from The Governor storyline or part of it.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Just posting here to be kept abreast of the latest developments. I just bought the Walking Dead Bundle of the first 48 issues of the comic for $33.50 on Amazon so I will jump back in here as I go along the series to let you fine folks know my thoughts (As if you needed me to talk even more here).

12. spikechiquet

The 4 latest issues of the comic are fucked. up.! Wow....wow. I will spoil later...trying to go between my heart (Purdue) and my bracket (Kansas) right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted