1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The wages of sin are dirt cheap

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Which is prolly about what it is worth.
    Given the skill set.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

Wonder if the Darryl Grant who played for the Redskins was a good tipper.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I wonder if he was good in The Client.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder if he is a leper, because if so, she can keep the tip.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not to allow stereotypes to do the work for me, but given the name, I would imagine he was the hotel proprietor. I'm sure you can check in and check out again less than 12 hours later. He's just not allowed to then rent that room to someone else the same night.

In other words, he can't charge by the hour.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Is anyone positive that the cops didn't botch the investigation and accidentally arrest a bunch of fast food workers?

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

1) What the police define as sex and what we define as sex are likely two different two-backed beasts. Five bucks for a handjob may still be low when you've got NYC costs of living, but in Birmingham, it could pay the bills quite easily.

2) The police have a stake in estimating a lower "going-rate" if they're getting quoted in the paper and want to discourage prostitution. Though it's called "unusual," there's one example of an actual transaction price in this article: $100.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

They'd make twice that if they were part of the United Red Light Workers Post 2432.

10. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

"Prostitution has been around for a long time,'' said Birmingham vice and narcotics Lt. Lloyd Jones.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If Romney had been elected, he would have given the pimps a tax cut, and they could then have raised the hookers' price to $6.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Insert BYH joke here.

Draft saved Draft deleted