1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Voice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Agree with a lot of this, especially the Lily over Cherie part. I thought Lily kind of butchered it, even that big note that she hit during rehearsal. And "I'll stand by you" was just flat out awful on both ends.

I like Javier thus far, and Raquel, the really short girl. She was great during the battle rounds. Also like that country singer from last night.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I hate Raquel. The one from "Jersey Girl?" She works my last nerve. Just gives off a really snobbish vibe.

I love Javier. And Nekia or however you spell it. And I know everyone else loves the fat country kid, but he oddly annoys me too.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Great voice. His bend over, tilt-my-head-to-the-side tell is a little annoying, though.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Ke$ha has no business being covered in a competition called "The Voice" ... that being said, Raquel did a great job. Tough to do a choreographed number for your first live performance on national TV.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't mind this Jared Blake fellow. The jewelry is stupid, though.

Agree with Gutter's earlier post, too. Adam's team is going to kill it. Christina's team is by far the weakest.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

What a shock. Beverly is going to cover Melissa Etheridge.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

No shit.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Hey, Beverly ... this is what range sounds like. Dia ... wow.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Christina looks like she should work at Weeki Wachee.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fully agree. I think Dia's my favorite not named Javier. :D

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I watched one episode. The singers are good - the production kills me though. I don't want to hear sob stories, don't care about your families, don't really give a crap about the judges. I just want to hear people sing.
    The other thing that will be interesting is that some of the singers have somewhat "off-putting" personalities despite their talent that I'm sure have held them back from getting farther in their careers.
    My one hope is that this show has blunted any momentum from X-Factor which isn't much different.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that opening number with all 4 judges/coaches was a train wreck

Draft saved Draft deleted