1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Voice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This is the first competition where the men collectively have more hair than the women.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Cee-Lo's tiny hands freak me out. Was I the only one who noticed that?

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I cannot believe that Frenchie Davis is still in the audition phase.

I really like the banter between the judges.

And dayum are there some people who can sing on this show. Broken Road guy, Time After Time (hot) guy, and the jazzy chick who reminded me of Norah Jones were the ones that stuck out to me.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, that is what the show brings to the table. You don't have to wade through the embarrassingly bad acts to get to good ones. They're all good, or close to it.

Of course, that's part of what endears AI to many, the laughing stocks.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

No, not at all... my wife said it about 3 times, she noticed it right away!

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I admit, this was a rather gaping hole in my music knowledge, but I had made no Cee Lo Green/Gnarls Barkley connection before last night.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Thanks for the kind words, IJAG and Care Bear. I'm pretty sure yesterday was one of the top days of Becca's life, and I know I'm not the only one who's feeling immense pride and joy for her right now. (And possibly feeling just a bit ridiculous at getting all verklempt about a damn reality show...)

Somehow I suspect that even if she wins it all, she'll still answer the call of the vagabond touring musician. :)

www.facebook.com/rebeccaloebe. Just sayin'. :)

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

They actually repeated the debut show Wednesday night - one night after the original aired.

WTF?!?!?!?!

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

LIKED!

10. Scouter

Scouter Member

Cee-Lo smells like cabbage.[/austinpowers]

11. MrHavercamp

MrHavercamp Member

As much as I hate to admit that I actually watched a second singing-contest reality show (throwing down my dork card), I liked watching the egos of the four judges at work. These are people not used to being told no, and ordinary contestants had the power to reject them. That was interesting. You could tell Christina didn't like losing contestants, especially to Adam Levine. The singers were pretty solid, although I'll be curious to see how the format plays out. (if I keep watching, that is).

And, yes, Cee-Lo is one oddly-shaped man. But "Crazy" was one of the killer pop vocals of all-time.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

"Hellllllllloooooo La la la la la"

Oh, I thought this thread was about the Seinfeld episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted