1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Voice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Apr 26, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, all these duets blow.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yeah, not the greatest ... Dia/Miranda and Vicci/Pat were better than the other god awful duets.

Through this show though, America did discover that Blake Shelton is one kick-ass dude. He gained a lot of fans through this just because of his personality, myself being one of them.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Dia and Javier in the final 2!

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

HAHAHAHH all the other judges were standing behind their artists except for Christina.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Did you expect anything less? It wasn't about her.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

America gets it right.

Good to see a nice guy finish first.

I guess this means I probably won't get to see him perform any more as an opening act for some of the regular bands I follow.

7. ringer

ringer Active Member

Well, that blew.
    I can't connect with Javier on any level and his voice, while pure, doesn't sound particularly unique (to me anyway)

Also, I can't believe that after all these weeks, the only thing I know about the four finalists is:

Vicci's dad died
    Dia used to be shy
    Javier once lost a record deal
    And Beverly seems to love all her fellow competitors.

Honestly, it was hard to relate to any of them beyond their singing. I have no idea why Javier is supposed to be "such a good guy." You watch him sing and he's completely closed off from everyone.

No clue why he won. He was the worst of the lot. Maybe the voters just don't like the gay-ish chicks.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

What else were you expecting to learn about them that, say, you knew about American Idol contestants?

9. ringer

ringer Active Member

I've never watched Idol. The Voice can't be different?

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

All four coaches returning for Season 2: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/30/the-voice-coaches/

Thought Christina would've bailed on it.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That's too bad. Love Levine and Shelton. Cee Lo is fun television. Aguilera brings nothing to the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted