1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Virginian-Pilot is seeking a sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Virginian-Pilot, Mar 22, 2010.

1. NCWCsports

NCWCsports New Member

One of the qualifications is the ability to get the score right ... for all events except the Super Bowl!

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yukyukyuk!
    See my post on the NCAA jobs thread please. While I appreciate the (weak) attempt at humor, let's try to keep it off the job board so we don't discourage places from posting jobs. Lots of people need jobs these days.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thank you. There was no humor in it. Shit happens. Deal with it and move on. And I bet EVERYONE on the staff feels like crap that it happened. Hell, I remember working at a metro and we ran this exclusive about the ... Well, no one remembers it unless you specifically bring it up...

The last reporter opening here got 200-plus applications. I expect the same for this one. Good peeps in Richmond. Apply if you think you're qualified. And good luck to everyone who does.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

The job is in Norfolk, not Richmond Mile High.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I didn't get an exact number, but I was told they had already gotten a lot of interest in this one, which should come as no surprise. I don't know a lot of people there, but those I have met seem like they would be great to work with.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sorry. I knew that. Brain cramp. And I know people in Norfolk, including the SE. Again, good people there.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Hey that's OK, us old-timers have to stick together. I get brain locked sometimes too. LOL

8. Terror82

Terror82 Member

Who ended up getting this?

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'd like to know too. I got a nice e-mail from Colleen back at the start of the recruiting process, then nothing.

10. Hoos3725

Hoos3725 Member

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Obviously not the way to fill an opening. You make a big splash with the opening, at least tell people what's going on. Congrats to Chris.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Sounds like they wanted to go younger, but you can't beat five APSE awards. Good job, Chris!!

Draft saved Draft deleted