1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE VERVE to reform

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

For the life of me, I cannot remember.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I always theorized that song was written about A Separate Peace.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

All I know is it hurts like hell to try to sing the last chorus. Usually my voice fails out midway through.

4. didn't they get sued for Bittersweet Symphony? sampling something without permission? was it Dizzy by Tommy Roe?

Richard Ashcroft has never written a good song

5. You've got to be kidding me.

6. My top five

On Your Own, Blue, Slide Away, Come On and either Reprise or Brainstorm Interlude

7. It was the Andrew Oldham Orchestra version of the Stones' "The Last Time."

The Verve thought they had the license to use it from the Orchestra but the Stones saw how well the record was doing and argued that they used too much of the song. The Stones won and Jagger and Richards got songwriting credits and all the royalties, not to mention money for letting Nike use it in a commercial.

Ashcroft went into a depression and the band broke up soon after.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Wait..."the Verve to reform" what?

Health care?

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

So with The Verve, Smashing Pumpkins and Rage Against the Machine, has "reuniting acts that were successful 10 years ago" replaced the "taking members of different broken up groups and forming super bands" (Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Army of Anyone, etc.) trend?

Draft saved Draft deleted