1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE VERVE to reform

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I have to see if anyone else out there is nearly as excited as I am about this news. The Verve have begun recording a new album and will be playing six concerts this winter. Unfortunately, they will be in England, but still, the Verve are back and I can't believe it!

Anyone else care?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

They turned out some good music in a short time. Hope they reach their potential this time around.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

That is exciting! I love their music and can't wait for the new material to come out.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Only when the Verve Pipe follows suit will I feel at ease with the world again.

5. I do. The Verve are a phenomenal band and they recorded some great stuff. People who associate them only with the song "Bittersweet Symphony" are missing out.

6. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Absolutely true. "Bittersweet Symphony" is probably not one of my five favorite Verve songs.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Indeed.

8. What are your top five Verve songs?

9. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

1. The Drugs Don't Work
    2. Sonnet
    3. Lucky Man
    4. Slide Away
    5. On Your Own

Bittersweet Symphony would likely come in sixth. However, there are at least a half-dozen Richard Ashcroft solo songs that are better than that.

10. Anyone hear yet which Stones riff they're going to steal this time? Maybe they'll go with an obscure Beatles tune ...

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They can do an unauthorized version of Big Yellow Taxi, since they're apparently the only rock band in the English-speaking world not to have covered it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

PLAY THE FRESHMEN!!!!!

Oh wait that's Verve PIPE, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted