1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The UWire Top 100

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Apr 27, 2009.

1. CCaple

CCaple Member

The selection process was based entirely on nominations, I believe, so that may have something to do with it. Lots of good college journalists not on that list, and I'm assuming many of them for that reason. Some may simply just not have known about this.

2. Apex

Apex Member

Haha, guess which one I am. Man, I haven't posted here in a few years, probably. Hope all is well. And the news industry will never die.

3. sg86

sg86 Member

From what I remember about getting e-mails about this last year, basically you're only put on the list if you make a profile on their site.

It's basically, "Hey...register and fill out all of this crap for you profile and we'll put you on this list."

Not to say that they don't belong there, because for the most part, they do. I just think it's funny that you could have a ton of nominations, internships, etc., and still not make it if you didn't take the time to put all kinds of stuff on their site.

4. CCaple

CCaple Member

Speaking from my own experience, that's not necessarily the case.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Indiana had four or five.

6. JimReedy

JimReedy New Member

CCaple is right; filling out a uwire.com profile doesn't have anything to do with being selected -- though we do try to get the 100 winners to register for profiles, if possible.

-- Jim Reedy, UWIRE Sports Editor

7. painmd87

painmd87 New Member

I've been a member here for the last year with an impressive grand total of four posts (including this one) and I'm a selectee from the journalism powerhouse at the University of Tampa. You know, the school that fired the guy who tried to start a journalism major.

Congrats to all of the other SJ members (and non-members) who won. I got my start as a sports writer and drew a lot of advice from this board and I'm sure I will in the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted