1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Urbanator strikes again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If this were Podunk U perhaps a scout might be able to bring more visibility to a player
    who otherwise might fall through the cracks. Doubtful that vindictive scouts
    could sabotage players at a high profile program like OSU.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked McCartney, and I always got the sense that the bulk of the media did. I know the writer who he gave the most shit to for using a red pen absolutely loved the guy.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe or maybe not. But Meyer is supposed to be a professional. The guys who showed up to watch his practice (i.e., evaluate his kids) are professionals. This wasn't a couple of Michigan frat boys who crashed an OSU practice. They were grown men, doing their job, which ultimately will benefit Ohio State kids and enable Urb to brag to recruits about how many kids he sends to the Shield. Meyer needs to give the insufferable prick act a rest now and then.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He was the Sunday Conversation last night, and he expressed extreme surprise when Chris Fowler brought up the notion that other coaches don't like him.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

What it is about certain college coaches that causes people to not treat them like the insufferable clowns they truly are?

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Urban's a bully. Period. He may not be as overt about it as Bob Knight was, but its the same gameplan. He's a fucking bully and needs to be called such.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's one thing to fire up the fanbase. It's another thing to be telling people who have no affiliation with you what to wear.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I don't see how he can tell NFL scouts what to wear.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I guess this means that Braxton Miller is now going to have to get into
    the NFL as a free agent.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Couldn't someone claim a First Amendment violation against him and the school?

11. Mizzougrad96

Winning. He has two titles and he would likely have played for another if OSU had been eligible last year.

It seems like Urban is much more hated than Saban ever has been.

12. Mizzougrad96

Why the fuck would anybody take the time to do that?

Draft saved Draft deleted