1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The (Upper Sandusky) Daily Chief-Union sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by lmcmillan33, Oct 11, 2017.

1. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

The (Upper Sandusky) Daily Chief-Union is hiring a sports writer. The primary duty is covering high school sports in Wyandot County. The five schools covered are small but successful. There are opportunities for some Ohio State coverage. In addition, some news writing responsibilities are a part of the job, including at least a couple of monthly school board/council meetings. The person in this position also takes photos and does pagination. Prior experience in those areas is a plus but not necessary. The Daily Chief-Union is a small daily paper published in the afternoons Monday through Friday and on Saturday mornings. Upper Sandusky is located halfway between Toledo and Columbus. Apply to dcusports@dailychiefunion.com.

I hope to have a link for an ad soon. I'm stilling waiting on the publisher for that. Were' also hiring a city editor. That job is posted here: JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking experienced City Editor. There are chances to write some sports basically for anyone on staff who has an interest and ability in it, including in this position. You can apply to the same email address for that position as well. It could be an opportunity for someone looking to move into a first management position while also getting a chance to do a little bit of sports.

I can answer any questions anyone has about either position. With two openings at the same time on a small staff, I am hopeful we hire quickly.

2. MikeWachsman

MikeWachsman New Member

Hello. I am interested in sports writer position, but live about 40 miles away, in Delaware, Ohio. Will that be an issue?

Also, what is the pay?

If you prefer, you can email me at mwax12131@msn.com

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  3. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

Mike, we just filled the position. We are, however, still looking for a city editor if anyone is interested!

Draft saved Draft deleted