1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The upcoming AJC list

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Actually, I think Big Bad Eagle put it best in an earlier AJC thread.

"Covers Dixie Like the Don't"

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that we'll miss you at Philips Arena. As both a fan and part of the PT staff, I wanted to echo the sentiment that you followed in Craig's footsteps seamlessly. Good luck in law school, though if you've already got the welcome letter from Georgetown, you certainly won't need it.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Mike - best to you, keep in touch. You are indeed one of the good guys in addition to being one of the best at the business. I'm going to need a good lawyer soon, so get in and out quickly please.

I understand one more big name may be gone, his choice, but wasn't on that list. I will post when I confirm or someone else post if you know what I'm talking about here.

4. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

I had to go back to it, but he's on my preliminary list - notably without a question mark (my friend sent it to me Thursday, and those without question marks by their names were definitely gone).
    I was surprised to not see his name on the list posted online, but it was pretty common knowledge in the newsroom that he is gone.

5. Moderator1

He was on the list I posted about the other day, Terence was not.
    But I am told he remains a buyout taker.
    Working on the details but I'm betting the ranch it is correct.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is it Furman?

7. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

No.

He writes on a contract basis anyway. Heck, I can't remember any of his columns recently (although I haven't picked up an actual copy of the paper in a very long time).

8. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

John Hollis is a good dude. Hope he lands on his feet.

9. Full of Shit

Full of Shit Member

Geez, Slockett is (was) a fucking institution at that place. He took a lot of shit, but we couldn't have gotten along without him. Bon voyage, Mr. Aaron dude (AJC vets will recognize the reference).

And George Leite is a guy I remember from years ago as a really, really bright kid - someone I thought would go far in this business.

Now of course he's not a kid anymore, and I hope he can go far AWAY from this business and find a company and profession worthy of his talent.

Terry Moore is, as another poster noted, a gentleman, and someone I'm proud to count as a friend.

As for the AJC, I'm almost ashamed to say I worked there anymore.

FOS

10. Ronnie Ramos

Ronnie Ramos New Member

I am leaving the AJC. I will be joining the NCAA as managing director of new media strategies and content development.

As many have said here, Mike Knobler is a great journalist and an even better person. I was lucky to work with him and many of the other wonderful people in sports. It's been a wild 5 years.

11. Moderator1

Well, that's confirmation straight from the source.
    Good luck to you out there.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

In the immortal words of Michael Ray Richardson, "The ship be sinkin!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted