1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Untouchables

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Jun 24, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I really enjoy about the movie is except for Nitti's fall and the plane heading north to the Canadian border there are no special effects action shots.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The scene in the train station.

3. boots

boots New Member

In reality that scene never happened although one of Capone's henchmen did have a gun in court.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't know why this is different for me with this movie than it was with Friday Night Lights (with which the overlooked details were a source of irritation) but I care little about DiPalma taking creative license in this film. It wasn't supposed to be documentary in the first place. I know one thing, this thread is making me want to watch it again.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

To me, it makes a historical drama/period film so much better if they care even a little about accuracy. I thought "Miracle" was 1,000% better than "Glory Road" for that reason, despite the Disney-fication of both films. It's hard to take "Glory Road" seriously when they got so little right.

But I can separate that part of my brain from the other part, which seeks to be entertained by a film. "Field of Dreams" will always be one of my all-time favorite films, even though I cringe every time Shoeless Joe steps into the wrong batter's box. ::)

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, shit, buck, that's personal. I mean, you guys were teammates, and that day in Hoboken in '25, you clearly said he was the best. We'd think less of you if you didn't fight for the facts in any film dealing with Joe.

Draft saved Draft deleted