1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The unofficial SJ.com Heisman poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Dec 8, 2010.

?

Be honest, if you had a vote, who should win the Heisman?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2010.
  1. LaMichael James

4.5%
  2. Andrew Luck

13.6%
  3. Kellen Moore

4.5%
  4. Cam Newton

74.2%
  5. Other

3.0%
  1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Tim Tebow.

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Yeah, the ESPN had a graphic up the other day of time vote-getters, and Sanders and Williams both were in the top five, along with O.J., Dorsett (and Troy Smith, I think). Newton was projected to be among that group by Saturday night.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

There will never be any good evidence linking Auburn to a payoff and this will all blow over.
    He'll eventually get a shot at the pros and his father will forever be looked upon as a scumbag, regardless of whether or not he really is one.

The award will not have to be returned.
    This is already close to being a story-no-more.
    The investigation's all but closed.

Question I have is does Cam return to Auburn for one more season?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Really? Cam Newton was cleared? He was REinstated after being momentarily instated. His father was found to have demanded money from a team for which he did not matriculate. The implication being that he went to a team that paid him more or his family more. Was he so insulted by Mississippi's offer that he went to Auburn for free?

Are the Heisman voters so co-opted by their status that they'll unquestioningly abide by an NCAA ruling so politically and financially tainted as to be no better than a Chinese Re-Education Tribunal's findings?

Is Newton the only player paid to play BCS football?, highly doubtful. Is he the highest paid BCS player in 2010? Probably but debatable. IS getting paid to play college football a bar to receiving the Heisman Trophy? I thought so, see Bush, Reggie.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Newton.

And it's not even close.

The folks voting on the O'Brien & Maxwell awards didn't seemed to worried about the off-field stuff.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Cam Newton has meant more to Auburn's success than James has to Oregon's success. And he's shown he can be a great passer, not just a stud runner.

The only question is who will come in second.

I'd probably vote Kellen Moore second and Luck third.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I hope Cam's daddy negotiated bonuses for the Heisman, Maxwell and Camp awards.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bush's eyes roll to the back of the head.

And the whoring goes on, and on, and on.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Herbstreit just fondly recalled how the Auburn SID asked him preseason or early in the fall if Herbie thought they should put together a Heisman campaign packet for Cam Newton.
    Yucksville!

Then at commercial, the network promo'd its Bowl Mania special coming soon, which would "help viewers fill out their Bowl Mania brackets at ESPN.com."
    Yucksville!

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Why was Luck standing in a ditch next to Newton?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, they looked close in height in the last shot.

Man, Newton is big, though.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

And there the four of them are, in a room with Desmond Howard.
    Cut away for a moment, come back, and there's Cam texting, or reading a Tweet.
    LaMichael tried to whisper to him that they were back on the air.
    He paid no attention.
    Cam's further endearing himself to those who follow this award.

Draft saved Draft deleted