1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The United States Of Torture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right?

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I was about to ask the same.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Corporate America has already sacrificed what made this country special. And the politicos of this time? Can you imagine a Congressman leading this country to battle like Washington? (I'll let someone else pick up on the similar question for Bush).

4. I get the feeling that, after all our wrangling, the biggest difference between Yawn and myself is that I'm more optimistic than he is.
    And I could be wrong on that one.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gee, that's a swell sentiment Mike. Hope you don't have any friends or family involved in that potential attack. Of course, if it does happen, and you know someone who got killed, you'll naturally repeat that statement, won't you?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And not to let the facts get in the way of a Fenian rant, but ...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/11/exclusive-only-.html

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Difference is we aren't targeting them.

And there has never been a war fought that did not result in civiilian casualties so spare us this bullshit argument.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Weak try, Hondo.
    The waterboarding still happened. And even if the CIA boss has banned it, the nominee for AG doesn't think it's torture, even though we said it was when brutal regimes used it.

9. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

The article you linked confirms usage of water-boarding and outlines other means of torture that are presumably still being used.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And yet they're still dead. But we're winning their hearts and minds, right?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And again, while it's horrible that it's happening, this argument is bullshit.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

How so?

Draft saved Draft deleted