1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The United States Of Torture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 4, 2007.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/02/AR2007110201170.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

This is what we've become.
    All of us.
    Complicit in war crimes for which we convicted the Japanese.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When the next mass attack happens here, let's not forget we deserved it. Not the people who get killed, but us, the country,

3. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

The only way we lose the "war on terror" is by sacrificing the things that have made this country special. No amount of terrorism can conquer our country unless we are complicit with the surrender of our identity and freedoms.

The people who so readily sacrifice our values in the name of security are more dangerous than any current foreign threat.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Also, torture does not work.

5. BBJones

BBJones Guest

I thought this thread was called The United States of Torre. Because that's how the bi-coastal headlines lately have made it feel.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just waiting for Prodigal Son to advise you'all that you're moronic idiots . . .

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Consider the source, Fenian. This guy was a JAG -- Judge Advocate General. So he's yet another activist judge. Just more lie-bral propaganda!

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

For a culture that celebrates blowing up women and children, hijacking civilian airplanes, blowing up schools, shelling market places and beheading hostages, do they even consider water-boarding torture? Isn't that just a fraternity prank at the mosque?

9. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

It is about who we are not about who they are. Justifying immorality in our actions by the standards set by our enemies is a bad way to go.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We stoop to their level, we've lost.

11. And if we don't stoop to their level, we've lost.

So I guess we're screwed either way.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I guess I missed the latest suicide bombing carried out by our military...

Draft saved Draft deleted