1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The unhealthiest city in America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Nov 16, 2008.

1. The story might also mention how Felinton lost much of his extra frame by walking to work everyday.
    FWIW: W.Va used to be - if not still is - the fattest area on the planet.
    Wooooo!
    We're No. 1!

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused by this part, probably because I'm tired. Without limiting it to this topic, I'll just say I'm not familiar with the concept that because one thing causes another thing, the second thing also causes the first.

A can cause B without B causing A, in other words.

That may be what you're saying. I'm pretty sure that's what you're saying. Right? And again, I'm not talking about this topic specifically. I'm talking about logic and the universe in general.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

... a free society?

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A can cause B, but B does not always cause A.
    That help?

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The lady in the picture: was she an exercise physiologist or a tailor?

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

How is macaroni and cheese not a vegetable? It's made from flour, which is made from a wheat plant, thus it is clearly a vegetable. And a mighty tasty one, I should add. I consider ketchup a vegetable as well, in fact it is a core component of my daily nutritional intake. And when macaroni and cheese is served with some ketchup, it is quite a well-balanced meal, lacking only some meat, such as bacon.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Well, son, from here on out put up your Kraft Mac and Cheese with a dollop of lard instead of oleo, and volia, you got the meat course built right in.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The fat fucks know they have to buy bigger sweatpants every three months.

9. harbinger

harbinger Member

Please. Drug companies are required to list side effects in their commercials. Cigarettes are required to provide warnings on their packaging. Why can't fast food restaurants offer the same warning? Does a "free society" mean corporations are "free" to do as they please? No. There are rules and regulations in place that are supposed to protect people. This isn't China.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's food. FOOD. When everyone advertising food has to list everything that particular food might do to a person, we are well and truly fucked.

Drugs are compounds created to change our health, whose properties are not apparent. Food is food. The minimum we can ask of people is to figure out how to eat fucking food. The information is readily available. If you don't know living on chicken nuggets will kill you, well, Darwin had a point.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I completely agree, AB.

12. harbinger

harbinger Member

The healthiest city: Burlington, VT

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/11/17/healthiest.city.ap/index.html

Draft saved Draft deleted