1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ugly Truth with Katherine Heigl - Advance Buzz?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Jul 12, 2009.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Your first sentence is nearly identical to what I said aloud in the theater when I saw that preview.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Didn't Heigl also complain about Knocked Up and said that it was demeaning towards women?
    I'm pretty sure she did and I have no use for her now.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Heigl has a great smile and great teeth -- on top of the other 'typical' points that I tend to check out.

It seems as if Heigl was to become the reigning queen of Romantic Comedies and she could easily be that because she is hotter than the Mt Rushmore Of That Predictable Genre (Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Meg Ryan as the Emeritus on Rushmore).

I'd really like to see her take some chances soon because, yes, with each crappy movie she makes, her 'potential' to be a breakout star fades. She needs an action flick or one where she gets beat up a little bit/abusive boyfriend/drug addiction issue.

She needs her Angelina Jolie "Girl, Interrupted" moment to get out of this unmemorable (yet highly profitable) stage.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

ROMCOM 101
    Chick works for a magazine/TV station/advertising agency
    She comes across a rude, crass guy she immediately detests, while professing her love for Mr. Safe.
    Chick falls down, has a heart to heart with her overweight, but witty bff (or ethnic gay male if you're looking to broaden your market)
    Crass guy goads her, drives her nuts,
    Bff tells her she spends more time talking about crass guy than Mr. Safe.
    Chick gets a sign (fortune cookie, a game show answer, or a phrase uttered by crass guy that reminds her of a childhood memory)
    Chick and crass get drunk for some reason and make out a bit - but then pull away.
    Chick realizes Mr. Safe is either too boring or too fake (is Bradley Cooper available?).
    Chick notices Mr. Crass "changing his ways" and is touched.
    HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING.
    One of them runs after the other, they clear up the misunderstanding and they kiss. Roll credits.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That's brilliant. I think you're really onto a new form of movie storyline.

:)

Well done, DO, well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted