1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ugly Truth with Katherine Heigl - Advance Buzz?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

and tits too small.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I think you meant red band trailer.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Yes, you're right.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Now that sounds like an advance buzz.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But that's only in the redline trailer, not the red band one.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

In the in-theater preview, she literally falls out of a tree while spying on her love interest (it's not Butler). I assume the movie will include an instance where she has to have two separate dinner dates at the same time and goes rushing back and forth! Or perhaps a Cyrano-inspired Butler-supplied dialogue scene!

Gee, I wonder if Heigl and Butler end up together in the end after learning lessons about themselves and recognizing their chemistry? PASS.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The ads make me want to leave any country in which this film is exhibited. Failed sex farce is too painful for my tender sensitivities.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sometimes when people get too skinny, their heads get to where they look like too big for their bodies. I haven't noticed that with Katherine, but it's not like I watch all her movies.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

After watching that trailer, Meg Ryan is still the undisputed champ when it comes to restaurant orgasms.

11. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

This is, truly, the most important question in this thread.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Heigl is a knockout, but how can someone bitch about the quality of the writing on "Grey's Anatomy" and then appear in multiple paint-by-numbers romantic comedies? Even Knocked Up, which I fucking LOVED, was predictable: Fat, unemployed guy ends up with stunningly beautiful perfect woman.

I lost a lot of respect for her with the "Grey's" comments (I know she's losing sleep over it) and the little I had left is fading fast with every crappy movie she makes.

Draft saved Draft deleted