1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ugly Truth with Katherine Heigl - Advance Buzz?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Where are my movie guys? Paging TV! Anyone?

I go to see a movie in a theater like once a year now, and I'm thinking this may be the one.

Looks adorable, though predictable.

What have you heard?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As opposed to past buzz?

:D I see Heigl in the credits, I'm in. That doesn't indicate the movie's any good, however.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I really want to see it. Most of the previews look really funny.

Plus, Gerard Butler is hot. And whoever her surgeon is isn't bad looking either....

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does she get naked in it? ;D

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, saw the trailer when I went to see "The Hangover." Immediately determined I will be catching it. It looks pretty funny, a little sentimental. Sign me up.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Katherine Heigl reads a phonebook wearing a burqa, and I'm checking local listings.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Love her, just love her.
    But it's funny how careers go. Last week I again saw "Valentine" which had several gorgeous women -- Denise Richards, Jessica Capshaw, Marlie Shelton. All except Shelton ended up dead. Heigl was in it and she was the first one killed.
    She was also in a movie called "100 Girls" where she had less than a leading role and was bisexual.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is it me or is her head getting physically bigger with each and every movie she's in?

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

speaking just for myself....

it's just you.

10. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

I'll watch. Heigl movies are a guilty pleasure for me. She's adorable. It probably won't be any good, but I'm not exactly looking for an Oscar winner here.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The preview was painful, to me -- no chemistry, trite situation, etc.

If you're a big Heigl fan, there's a "redline trailer" (ie, can only be shown at R-rated movies) out on the web where she's wearing vibrating panties at a business dinner and somehow a kid at the next table gets the controls to it. Alleged hilarity ensues.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

For every hot chick you see....

There's a guy who thinks her head's too physically large.

Draft saved Draft deleted