1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The U could be in trouble again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 21, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--hurricanes-coach-al-golden-s-staff-used-booster-s-associate-in-potential-recruiting-violations.html

Accused of using a booster who was connected to Nevin Shapiro.

From the article:

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Has the U got in trouble again yet for the last time it was in trouble again, like six months ago?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think you mean "still."

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't take your ho the seventh flo, that's all I know.

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I know the NCAA is very leery of administering the death penalty, especially with a program with the kind of stature Miami has. But isn't it kind of warranted here? The rap sheet on the football program over the years is longer than most.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, the U would have been much better off if the coaching staff started fucking kids rather than have some boosters slipping money to the players...

Your point is a fair one, but I kind of don't want to hear "death penalty" mentioned again unless they do it to Penn State.

Miami could get sanctions similar to what happened at USC and I'd be more than satisfied.

Again, great work by Yahoo! I didn't click the link, but I'm assuming Charles Robinson is kicking some ass again...

7. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks this entire Miami investigation is dragging out FOREVER?? There were some self-imposed sanctions (suspensions) at the start of LAST season.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Al Golden is a good guy. Turned Temple's program completely around. I'm saddened to hear about this.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is pretty normal for an NCAA investigation.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Unless, of course, it's Penn State.... in which case we get a decision overnight.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They should have called Mike Leach

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, Sandusky was just convicted yesterday...

Draft saved Draft deleted