1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The two teams playing in the BCS National Championship will be …

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt1735, Nov 18, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am having a hard time picturing Georgia in the title game just because I am having a hard time then picturing a world where Mark Richt's name isn't on lists of Coaches On The Hot Seat.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Re: The two teams playing in the BCS National Championship will be …

Losing the fucking Outback Bowl last season — after winning the SEC East — put him on the hot seat. Those fans are great fun, but the administration is more reasonable now than in the Jim Donnan days.

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

K-State knew the Domers would find a way to manipulate the process so they just said, ah, let's just lose and get it over with. :) Oregon was due, I guess, for a very consequential loss to a good Pac-12 team. It's too bad because there's no one more deserving than Snyder. He's what's right with college football.

A playoff will be somewhat less fraudulent than the BCS but it's still all about power-brokering and the court of public opinion. I just hope ND loses so we don't have to watch a laugher of a title game this year. I don't think ND's ability or game results point to any ability to compete with, say, an Alabama.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This is a silly statement, by the way. If you told me that somehow Idaho and Southern Miss were in line to play for the national title - that would be chaotic.

Notre Dame vs. SEC winner. Chaos!

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, I've never understood this logic that the BCS is somehow in chaos when it has to sort out who the No. 2 team is. That's what it was designed for. You can say that it does that job badly -- and I would probably agree -- but the BCS is not "in chaos" when there are a bunch of one-loss teams to sort out.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oregon vs. SEC Winner.

7. printit

printit Member

Notre Dame vs. SEC winner Alabama.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Re: The two teams playing in the BCS National Championship will be …

I think Kansas State has a better chance than Oregon after looking more closely at the computer polls. The only scenario for either to make it is with losses for Notre Dame and Florida, but that scenario isn't impossible. I think you'd see the coaches and Harris polls voters put Oregon second but the computers would have Kansas State second and Oregon stuck behind Stanford and possibly Notre Dame and Florida as well.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What would be the line on a hypothetical Alabama-Notre Dame title game? Alabama by 7? 6 1/2?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Notre Dame is going to win the title this year, regardless of its opponent.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I just can't stand the BCS.

The previous system was so much better.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I thought I saw 10.

Draft saved Draft deleted