1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The two biggest weirdos in MLB are having a pissing match over autographs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Quite honestly, it makes me sad that I can’t display it at home or at my office. But, you know, young kids, workplace norms and all that shit.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Are you worried that in a generation or two, the context will be lost and someone just finds it in an attic? Is there a "Destroy Upon My Death" clause in your will?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is certainly possible. He has gone public about taking Zoloft to manage social anxiety disorder and depression.

Medication helps Greinke to perform at high level

Can't say that makes me love the thread title calling him a weirdo. I've always been a big Greinke fan. Part of that was purely a fantasy baseball thing. He was my big sleeper in 2008 and a year later was his Cy Young season. But the former shy kid in me found his struggles with social anxiety fascinating.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I’m banking on my descendents writing it off as CTE.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Similar to an argumentative poster on this site.

6. outofplace

A poster on this site is better than 99.99999% of the world at something? Good for him or her!

heyabbott and JC like this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Funny it'd be you that responds to that post.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. outofplace

Seriously, which poster is it who is better than 99.99999% of the world at something? I think we're all dying to read this one.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm damn good at napping.

10. outofplace

I think I can out-nap you. I'm sure JC will be back any minute now to clear this up for us.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No,I think most people understand just fine what my point was.

12. outofplace

You mean you weren't saying that some poster here is among the best in the world at something? Perhaps you were showing a lack of proper respect for the challenges facing those with mental disabilities by attaching such labels to a poster you don't like? I tried to assume the best of you here, but that may have been an error on my part.

Of course, you lacked the courage to name the person you were going after there, too, but that is not surprising.

I guess the insensitivity to those with mental issues would fit in with the thread. Greinke has battled psychological issues for years, but somebody thought it was fine to call him a weirdo for it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted