1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Just started Sugar on Apple TV. It has a very detective noir feeling to it.

Scout and garrow like this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The subtlety in the verbal exchanges is so well done. Ep 9 was a great head fake.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Youtube has an fairly recent 60 Minutes with Laurie Anderson. It's pretty good, and if you don't know her, she's well worth a few minutes. Definitely one of a kind artist. She's a singer, writer, performance artist, video director, more. Widow of Lou Reed.

garrow likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Stunning musician. And like her husband, certainly no slave to the Billboard Top 40.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We saw her perform music live once, and went to hear her lecture once. Both included music, photography, videos, and spoken word. No dance when she lectured though. She's so intelligent, so curious, so... willing to try things.

garrow likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

A brilliant trailblazer. Once went to a music hall on a school trip and didn't think it was a famous place until I learned she had recorded a live record there.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Afterparty. I just finished the second season. I will miss it. Great casts (different mostly for each season) with every episode done in a different film style. Very fun.

Webster likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

'Metal Mayhem' is the greatest show on TV now.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They seemed to have buried the second season. It was a fun show but the mystery this year was pretty easy to figure out and I think it is the type of show which was complicated to make. They did set up the third season well, but we will never see it.

garrow likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Wes Anderson episode was brilliant.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Watched the first two seasons of Welcome to Wrexham. I’m a total soccer novice and really enjoyed it. Yeah: some of it is contrived Hollywood drama, but the building of the team and the story of the town is really compelling. And the show could fall flat if not for the actual drama on the field (I mean pitch!).

The soccer system is so interesting. I know some of Premier League and Champions, but had known nothing of Level 1, Level 2, National League, etc. And seeing relegation/promotion in this context is quite educational.

It helps a lot Ryan Reynolds and the other guy are really likable and self deprecating.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted