1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

One possible solution comes to mind.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Been a loyal viewer since it started (having Monday nights off helps). I still love it, but one quibble I have is that they've come up with a lot of gimmicky stuff this year: The choose-your-own-ending episode, the ep created around Pro Bowl weekend with Arian Foster, Dog Chapman being featured in the cold opening.

I'd like to see them start moving forward a bit on the Wo Fat storyline and McGarrett's mom again (although with the end of the season coming up, that should come soon).

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The first 10 minutes of this week's House of Lies might have been the funniest thing I've seen on TV in ages.

5. DanOregon

I think last night's Modern Family will be the one they submit for the Emmy. Damn funny. "It's just a phase - Oh My God What Am I Saying!?"
    Good Survivor as well "He's the Ginger Kobayashi!"

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I actually thought last night's Modern Family was pretty awful after a series of good episodes. I did think the scene in the Vietnamese restaurant was great, though. The rest of it just seemed forced.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I liked this week's episode...but I'll also take any episode where Bernadette Peters and Megan Hilty sing together.

My question is...where did Jennifer Hudson go?!

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The new Sarah Chalke show is pretty awful, which is too bad because with Elizabeth Perkins and Brad Garrett, it has a good cast.

9. DanOregon

"This is boring. I want my cat fight already."
    "How would you feel about being a dramaturg?"

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I really liked it, and it's all because of Sarah Chalke.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The 10 must-see episodes for people trying to catch up on Cheers: http://avc.lu/10UE1I5

The list is missing an elite Coach showcase, though, which is disappointing. "Pick a Con ... Any Con" is one of my two favorite episodes (along with the selected "Fortunes and Men's Weight"), and "Coach's Daughter" is one of the show's most powerful moments. I probably would have knocked "Truce or Consequences" off for one of those two or "Give Me a Ring Sometime," though my preference would have been to have two from Season 1.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Suburgatory, which has gotten better and stranger the past few weeks, had a Gordon Gartrell shirt reference this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted